A traditional foxhunting stock tie is a piece of clothing that is worn around the neck and is used to help keep a rider’s shirt collar in place. It is usually made from a lightweight material such as cotton or linen and is often decorated with a pattern or logo.
- Begin with the narrow end of the tie and place it around your neck so that the wide end hangs down your back.
- Cross the wide end of the tie over the narrow end and tuck it underneath.
- Pull the wide end of the tie up and over the narrow end, then tuck it underneath again.
- Continue to repeat step 3 until the tie is tight around your neck.
- Once the tie is tight, take the wide end of the tie and make a small loop.
- Insert the narrow end of the tie through the loop and pull tight.
- The traditional stock tie is now complete!
For a more detailed tutorial, please watch the video below: